As I said at the general meeting in June, I would list the most common suggestions you have given, along with our suggested solutions. I plan to spend some time during the general meetings in July and August talking with membership about these.
SURVEY FEEDBACK FROM AARP MEMBERS
1) Extend social time prior to meeting
2) More entertainment specialists instead of speakers
3) More speakers who discuss positive aspects of aging
4) More ‘historical’ speakers (e.g. the lady from the Los Gatos Museum)
5) More information on various ways service animals help their owners
6) Keep members updated on services/talks provided by local libraries
7) Ensure that speakers have handouts 8) Ensure the progress of the website
9) Look for ways to recruit members
10) Rotate volunteers whenever possible
WAYS TO IMPLEMENT MEMBER IDEAS
1) Open social hour to 9 or 9:15 AM; we cannot extend after 11:30 because an exercise class starts around 11:45
2) Entertainment can be prohibitively expensive, but our vice-president will continue to look; suggestions gratefully accepted.
3,4,5) Programs and speakers are also your responsibility; if you want to hear information on a particular topic, maybe you know someone who would like to speak to the group; if so, please contact Gene Lennon.
6) We will try to contact libraries in the Campbell Area and ask them to send information about their activities
7) Some speakers prefer using PowerPoint or other presentations
8) We have 3 members dedicated to the website
9) We need a public relations person to contact existing advertising sources and explore new ones
10) All members are invited to attend monthly board meetings to find out what plans are being made for outreach and volunteer effort. We will also look for ways to rotate volunteers at the general meetings.